Reasons for Mileage Correction
Mileage can be incorrectly displayed for a number of reasons; sometimes there’s an accident, and sometimes electronics just have issues.
At Odometers Solutions, we require that all customers seeking mileage correction services have a legitimate reason for concern, as it is illegal to alter your car’s mileage and not disclose that information to potential buyers. Listed below are some common causes of odometer issues:
Mileage information incorrect after jump-starting
Mileage information incorrect after dashboard damage
Electrical fault in dashboard
New engine installation
Motor of gauge failure
Secondhand odometer with miles previously registered
Odometer lights flickering or off
Where is the Mileage on Your Vehicle Stored?
For most vehicles, the mileage is stored in the instrument cluster.
How Do I Remove My Instrument Cluster?
Removing the instrument cluster is easy in most vehicles. Most cars you can find videos on YouTube of how to.
IS DIGITAL MILEAGE CORRECTION LEGAL?
The act of adjusting the mileage on a vehicle is not in itself illegal. It is illegal however to knowingly sell a vehicle without disclosing the correct mileage reading. We reserve the right to refuse to adjust your digital mileage reading if we suspect illegal intent.
Terms and Conditions:
1. This auction is for a programming service, not a part. We do not have any instrument clusters for sale.
2. You are responsible to package your cluster in such a way that it will not be damaged.
3. You are responsible to ship your cluster in a secure way with tracking.
4. The programming is accurate to within 300 miles.
5. If there is a problem with your cluster once you receive it back, ALWAYS contact us first prior to leaving feedback! We will work hard to resolve any problem.